According to the school time table, the students can visit the library for the issue and return of the books during their library periods. They can refer to the books and participate in the library activities during this time.
The student can have 1 book issued for a period of 3 days.
The staff can have a maximum of 4 books issued for a period of 15days.
The Class libraries are functioning for classes IV to X.
The library follows an open access system. The books are classified and shelved according to the Dewey Decimal Classification (Ed.22) but the ’Junior Fiction’ is shelved separately.
The stock and services of the library have been automated with an integrated Library Management software. The patrons can search by using keywords, author, title and subject.
There will be three sections in the library.
- Reference – Senior Junior
- Curriculum – Text Books, CBSE/ NCERT Publications, extra books related to the Curriculum.
- General – literature – Hindi ,English and the other reading materials covering all the areas of interest.
- Circulation of books
- Library periods
- Class libraries
- Notice Board
- New book alerts
- Book reviews (written by students and teachers)
- Newspaper clipping(school news)
- Reference service
- Daily News Papers
It contains the following areas:
- E- books
- The books can be referred in the library or at home but cannot be downloaded. The student will be given password through which they can open the library site.